Plug and Play
frequently asked questions
How do I connect my guitar to a computer?
You need a standard guitar- or audio-interface which you can get in your local music store in all sorts of price ranges and feature sets. Don’t use a guitar cable with a mini-jack connector directly into a line-in or mic-input connector – these connectors are not suitable for high impedance guitar inputs and do not have low-latency drivers for real-time audio processing.
How do I get it to work with my DAW?
Please see the DAW setup guides.
If I buy, can I use it on two of my computers?
Yes, a MIDI Guitar license is a personal license and you can use it on those computers that are owned by you.
If I buy, will I receive future updates?
Yes, customers will have access to all future updates for MIDI Guitar 2.x.
How does the demo version differ from the full version?
- Customers have access to all the most recent updates and beta versions.
- In addition to a standalone application, the full version comes as 32- and 64 bit VST and AudioUnit plugins for seamless integration with most DAWs.
- Some features are disabled in the demo version and available in the full version.
- The interruption dialog disappears in the full version.
What is the difference between MIDI Guitar and MIDI Guitar for GarageBand?
MIDI Guitar exists in three versions:
- MIDI Guitar is the most feature packed. It comes as both as DAW plugins and standalone applications for Windows and Mac computers.
- MIDI Guitar for Garageband is a Mac Store version which has only the essential features. Read more about on its product page.
- MIDI Guitar for iOS is an iOS app which currently has only the essential features.
Any of our software packages is free to try with a reasonably feature set and a one-click-download – so you can try out the different products and evaluate which one suites your needs.
Please keep me updated about your product X.
Please sign up to the newsletter at this page.
Can I use a single license for both PC and Mac installs?
Yes, a single MIDI Guitar license can be used with both the Windows and Mac OS X version.
My License file doesnt work when I click it.
Its easy to apply your license:
1. Download your license file from the order confirmation email. (Note, the link is not a webpage – depending on email client it might open a blank page. But there is a file there. With some email clients you should right click the link and “Save As..” or “Save Target As…” and the license file will download to your computer). Save this file somewhere safe, for example to your Documents folder.
2. Open MIDI Guitar/MIDI Bass and click “Activate” on the first screen. A file dialog will pop up. Now navigate to the file directory where you saved the license file and select the license file.
Where is the documentation?
Its inside the product. An interactive manual is built into MIDI Guitar (the desktop version).
If you have problems setting up with your DAW, please refer to this page for general tips and tutorials for the most popular DAWs.
What are the System Requirements?
OS: Mac OS X 10.6 or newer (10.5.8 runs in 32bit).
Windows XP SP3 or newer.
Memory: 512 MB or More
CPU: Dual core 1.6 GHz or better
iOS: iPad 2, iPhone 4s, iPod 5 or newer
A decent audio/guitar interface to connect your guitar to your computer.
please help us