MIDI Guitar 2, BETA14 released!
major update with a new user interface and lots of new modules
- New: All new responsive user interface avoiding modal dialogs
- New: Full screen mode and resizable window with adjustable font sizes and colour contrasts
- New: Deep Harmonic EQ effect – the first of our Deep series of effects offers direct acces to the strings harmonics with drawbars.
- New: Deep Expressor effect – offers sustain without compression, compression per string, transient/pluck control, clean hex distortion and direct harmonic access via drawbars!
- New: Accurate Tube and Solid-State preamp models (CPU intensive)
- New: Overdrive effect (based on the famous yellow overdrive pedal)
- New: Screamer effect (based on the famous green screamer pedal)
- New: Convolution reverb generator
- New: Sync control to synchronise your guitartone with the instrument tone
- New: Sampler built in. SFZ sample banks simply appear as “instruments”
- New: MIDI Legato – via MIDI note overlap
- New: MIDI Sustain for flexible foot-controlled piano-sustain/hold function
- New: MIDI Transpose for foot controller/velocity-based/fixed transposing
- New: MIDI Bassline for splitting bass notes and play your own backing
- New: MIDI Arpeggiator
- New: MIDI Monitor
- New: Lots of new built-in patches!
- New: Use spacebar as a poor mans expression/sustain pedal
- New: Plugin scanner has “fast” and “safe” scan options
- New: Add single plugin file
- New: Select input channel for external midi inputs
- New: Search in plugin dialogs by typing any keyboard sequence
- New: Default patches and midimachines can be restored via preferences
- New: JamOrigin data folder and log can be opened via preferences
- Fixed: Plugin scanner has longer timeout for plugins on slow disks
- Fixed: Pitch Bend Range slider was sometimes disabled
- Fixed: Don’t clear plugin list from MIDI Guitar 1
- Fixed: Pass on CC64 sustain to synths
- Fixed: Various minor issues
- Breaking: The 32-bit standalone application for Mac is no longer included
in the download distribution (if you really need this, let us know)
A legacy version for MacOSX 10.6 will be avaiable soon.
Special thanks to…
Jam Origin team!
framework and Steve Folta for the SFZero library. MIDI Guitar use AudioTK for
the new amp models, delay and chorus and SFZero for loading SFZ sample files.
Not least, thank you John Crocker for proof reading and writing help texts.
This version is only available to customers:
Run any previous version on an online computer and submit your email when it notify you about the update right at start up. You get a download link by email.
Windows users: if you get a “SmartScreen” warning, just click “more info” and “run anyway“. We need to update a website certificate, apparently, but its of course 100% safe.